FAQ – Leave

Can one pause and resume one’s studies later (e.g. for personal reasons)?

Yes, it is possible to apply for leave. The application should be addressed to the Dean of the Faculty at least one month before the first semester concerned. The duration of leave can range from one to three semesters, during the bachelor, and from one to two semesters, during the master. The tuition fees are then reduced to the fixed basis taxes (65 CHF / Semester), the student stays registered but the length of the leave is not recorded in the period of study. The student is not allowed to pass exams.

Applications for leave also apply to doctoral students with the same conditions.

CAUTION : No leave is allowed during the first and the last semester of registration for a program.