HHMI BioInteractive provides free classroom resources on subjects ranging from evolution to human health to the workings of the biosphere.
- A list of Biology courses
Some sample courses
Bookshelf provides free online access to books and documents in life science and healthcare. Some well-known books are:
- Molecular Biology of the Cell. 4th edition. Alberts B, Johnson A, Lewis J, et al. New York: Garland Science; 2002
- Molecular Cell Biology. 4th edition. Lodish H, Berk A, Zipursky SL, et al. New York: W. H. Freeman; 2000.
- The Cell: A Molecular Approach. 2nd edition. Cooper GM. Sunderland (MA): Sinauer Associates; 2000.
SciTable by Nature Education
Books on undergraduate teaching, free to download
- Reaching students: What Research Says About Effective Instruction in Undergraduate Science and Engineering (2015)
- Discipline-Based Education Research: Understanding and Improving Learning in Undergraduate Science and Engineering (2012)
- Evaluating and Improving Undergraduate Teaching in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (2003)
- How People Learn: Brain, Mind, Experience, and School: Expanded Edition (2000)
- Cell and molecular biology videos (YouTube)
- CBE Life Sciences Education
- Biochemisty and Molecular Biology Education
- JoVE (Journal of Visualized Experiments) (You Tube)